PC / Polycarbonate
The chemical name of PC is Polycarbonate.
The material is also known under the following brands: Makrolon, Lexan, Quinn, Arla and Axxis. The material sold under these brand names is functionally almost identical.
- Fully transparent, clear, transparent
- Impact resistant, virtually unbreakable (compared to glass: 250x stronger and 50% lighter)
- Good screen printing, stipple
- Fire class B1
- High temperature resistance (- / - 40 t / m + / + 115 degrees) and chemical resistance
- Suitable for indoor use, UV-resistant version for outdoor use- Light transmission depending on the thickness between 82% and 90%
- Specific gravity 1.2 kg per m2 per mm thickness
- Standard dimensions 3050 x 2030 mm, but longer plates- Standard of 1 to 12 mm thickness
- Available in transparent, opal and bronze
- Available in (super-) scratch-resistant, UV-resistant
- Safety Glazing